Download the latest Stock ROM, and official firmware [Flash file]. On this page, we shared a complete guide on how to download and install Custom ROMs, and stock firmware using Windows and Linux PC.
We have a separate list of open source mobile operating systems that include options such as Ubuntu Touch and PureOS. There are some risks with custom ROMs, and you should always read up on them before installing them. While Google abides by strict privacy regulations, it’s not the same for other companies. There are bad actors out there, and you should be cautious of those who try to install them. The more obscure the ROM, the greater the risk of being hacked. However, the risks outweigh the benefits and the potential benefits.
- The easiest way is to use the built-in backup and restore features of your Android phone or tablet.
- Be sure to bookmark this page as we will update it as information changes over time.
- It is complex and contains many different subsystems.
- Now locate the scatter file you saved in Step 6 and click Open.
KingoRoot for Android is the most convenient and powerful apk root tool. Root any Android device and version without connecting to PC. If you are looking for stability, I would recommend LineageOS, especially for older devices. Apart from that, overall, I think Pixel Experience and Paranoid Android are one of the best Android custom ROMs. The ROM boasts a clean and minimal UI, along with feature improvements. You can expect better notch handling, a new and improved volume control system, and yes, over-the-air updates of course.
- First, let us discuss home the difference between the official and custom firmware.
- In other words, you can expect support for newer devices sooner, along with a wide range of old devices, when compared to other custom Android ROMs.
- Now is the time for app messages, like those of WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.
- In such cases, you don’t have to flash the GApps file separately.
Android developers will turn any device into the perfect device for
apps development thanks to enhanced tools and
exclusive APIs. If many users want a feature to be included in a ROM, more often than not, developers will happily work on getting those features included. Every ROM has different developers who work differently. Take for example, Lineage OS is built for stock Android lovers, who wouldn’t mind some extra features on top, whereas Pure Nexus ROM is for Pixel’s Android UI.